Location: Sleeping Lady Resort, Leavenworth, WA
Diversity Practitioners Retreat
SAVE THE DATES
Who Should Attend?
Teachers, Diversity Directors, Trustees, Administrators are all welcome.
This event will be the best for for those who:
- Serve as Diversity Director or Coordinator for your school or division
- Chair or serve on a diversity committee for your school or Board of Trustees
- Advocate for diversity in your school
- Have a strong interest in collaborating with others in similar roles from across the association
Retreat Goals Include:
- Gathering and sharing best practices and information on programs across the region
- Collaborating on programs, speakers and resources that can be shared across schools, extending all of our reach and impact
- Reflection on the work completed in the previous year
- Rejuvenation, Inspiration and Planning for maximizing impact of the the upcoming year
- Providing input for 2012-13 association programming around topics of diversity
Stay tuned For More Information On The Conference Program
Announcing Workshop Facilitator: Maketa Wilborn
You may know his work facilitating at many PNAIS schools. Now he is building a program just for you… diversity practitioners. On Tuesday join Maketa in a full-day workshop where you will:
- Create an affinity space to honestly share the successes and challenges that you are facing in your work
- Celebrate those successes in a creative, kinesthetic way that reignites and inspires
- Share and highlight best practices and strategies that have led to success with students, teachers, administrators and community
- Generate individual growth and/or action plans to support your work moving forward
Leadership Institute and Diversity Practitioners Retreat to Team Up for Open Space Session
We have tremendous expertise within our community of attendees. Wednesday will be filed with open space sessions, connecting you with those who share similar interests. Consider presenting or facilitating an open space session on a topic of your choosing. This could be something you are grappling with at your school, an aspect of your program you would like to feature or a topic around which you have experience and knowledge. It could be as formal as a presentation or as informal as a conversation. Click here to learn more.
Agenda and Program Outline
The conference will begin at 3pm on Monday June 25, 2012 and continue until Wednesday June 27, 2012 at 11:15pm
Monday June 25, 2012
Tuesday June 26, 2012
9:00-12:00 Workshop with Maketa Wilborn - Part 1
1:00-3:30 Workshop with Maketa Wilborn - Part 2
Wednesday June 27, 2012
9:00-10:45 Open Space in Collaboration with the Leadership Institute
10:45-11:15 Wrap Up
11:15 Conference Conclusion
Registration – Includes Meals and Programming
- Early Bird (By May 7): $425
- Regular (By June 4): $475
- Late (After June 4): $550
Non-PNAIS Attendees: $600
TO RECEIVE THE REGISTRATION DISCOUNT: Your registration must be complete and payment must be postmarked or received by the appropriate deadline.
- For registrations completed by mail or online registrations with payment by check, payment must be postmarked by deadline date.
- Online registrations paid by credit card must be completed by 11:59pm on the deadline date.
Watch our short Online Registration how-to video. For best results, click the play icon (triangle) and then allow the video to load before starting playback.
Substitutions may be made any time prior to the conference. Written cancellations received by June 15, 2011 are eligible for a refund after a $50 cancellation fee. Cancellations received after June 15 are ineligible for any refund.
PNAIS May help to cover travel costs: The PNAIS travel reimbursement policy, is designed to reimburse candidate and accredited member schools for some travel costs. This policy applies to a school’s total travel expenses (not the cost of rooms and meals), no matter how many people the school sends to the workshop. If your school spends more than $150 dollars on travel for this event and is traveling a distance greater than 250 miles you will be reimbursed a percentage of your expenses. Click here for more details.
Sleeping Lady Resort is a leading Northwest destination – Sleeping Lady embodies the natural beauty and history of Leavenworth and the Wenatchee Valley. Learn More about Sleeping Lady Resort.
Rooms at the Sleeping Lady Resort are $145 per night + sales and lodging tax. Rooms may be shared – reducing the overall cost of attendance.
Spouses / Partners are welcome to attend. The cost of attendance for additional people is added to your room rate and paid to Sleeping Lady Resort directly. The cost is $78 per night for adults and $33 per night for children 5-12 years old.