Benefits of PNAIS membership
If you are interested in joining a long-standing association committed to helping schools improve themselves and the education they offer through a recognized accreditation process and extensive professional development opportunities, then PNAIS is just the right place. Learn more about becoming an important part of our growing base of 109 member schools in an eight state region serving over 28,000 students.
PNAIS membership can benefit your school in the following ways:
- Be part of a network of independent schools that hold themselves to high standards. Our Standards for Accreditation and the Self-Study Manual describe the standards and process for becoming an accredited member of PNAIS. This is the ultimate goal of membership and enables a school to pursue full membership with the National Association of Independent Schools.
- Attend PNAIS Professional Development events at the member rate. Highlights include the Institutional Leadership Conference for Heads and Trustees, the Fall and Spring Heads' Meetings and the Fall Educators' Conference for teachers, and professional networking opportunities through numerous "job-alike" meetings for groups such as business, admission, and development officers.
- Connect with your PNAIS colleagues by participating in our member school listserves and by having the names, phone numbers and email addresses of your staff included with over 1,300 other administrators and teachers in our printed School and Staff Directory.
- Access the resources of the Association and expertise of our qualified staff. We also provide access to expert legal advice at discounted rates from the highly respected Seattle law firm of Karr Tuttle Campbell. Additionally, we provide a Corporate Sponsor Program that includes a consultant referral database.
- Access extensive statistical information (e.g. salaries, tuition, enrollment, financial operations, and annual giving) collected from Candidate and Accredited Members by NAIS Stats Online. All schools can use this regional and national data as an important source of benchmarking.
- Participate in joint marketing efforts to increase the visibility of your school. Many prospective families and teachers visit this web site to learn about our schools and to hear about possible job opportunities.
These are just some of the many reasons why affiliation with PNAIS is beneficial for your school. To learn more about joining PNAIS and to download an application visit our Membership Applications page. You are welcome to contact , PNAIS Executive Director, with any questions related to our application process.