The Little School, serving ages 3-12, nurtures and supports children's development in social, emotional, physical, and cognitive areas. Founded in 1959 by Dr. Eleanor Siegl, the school provides an exceptional learning environment for children.
* Small classes allow teachers to know each student as an individual and respond to students' developing interests, needs, and skills.
* Students are active participants in the learning process. Their individual developmental timetables are respected, and their interests fuel the curriculum.
* The 12-acre wooded campus is the ideal setting for an approach that values creativity, cooperation, and self-motivation.
* Spanish language, movement, swimming, and field trips enrich students' learning experiences and promote community and multicultural awareness.
* The Library Learning Center, with a full-time librarian and over 19,000 volumes, offers a wealth of resources for learning and discovery.
* Half-day options are available for ages 3-5
* Extended Day care is available before and after regular school hours
* Financial aid is available.
* A summer program is also offered in July with options for day camp (ages 3 1/2 through 7) and a broad spectrum of experiential classes (ages 6 through 12).
Students at The Little School develop confidence in themselves as learners and as active participants in the world. Their ability to initiate and follow through on ideas and questions is supported; their lively imaginations, self-expression, and creative and cognitive abilities are nurtured.
The environment of respect in our classrooms helps students gain a strong individual voice and an appreciation for the opinions and experiences of others.
Join the PNAIS Ning
Visit the PNAIS Ning and discover a growing collection of community resources and networking opportunities!